Policy And Procedures
President - Scope Of Responsibility
As Of November 2002
APOLLO SOCIETY BY LAW DEFINITION:
"The President is the Chief Executive Officer and Spokesperson of the Society and shall preside at all Board of Directors Meetings and General Meetings of the Society. In the President's absence, the Vice-President shall preside at any such meetings and in the absence of both; a chairperson may be elected by those members present at the meeting to preside thereat. The President shall be responsible to the Board of Directors for administration of all policies of the Executive."
- Responsible for administration of all policies of the Executive.
- Automatic member of any committee struck by the organization.
- Reviews and signs all contracts on behalf of the organization.
- Participates in negotiating all contracts on behalf of the organization.
- Acts as spokesperson for the organization.
- Represents the organization at functions and events.
- Drafts Policy and Procedures for organization.
- Watches over organization as a whole and mitigates threats to the organization.
- Ensures Society By Laws are followed.
- Ensures organization's Vision, Mission and Values are upheld.
Board Meeting Requirements:
- Attends all AGM and Board of Directors meetings.
- Chairs all AGM and Board of Directors meetings.
- Prepares the agenda for all Board Of Directors meetings.
- Ensures meetings proceed in a timely and professional manner.
- Follows up to ensure assigned action items are accomplished by Board Of Directors.
Back to Policies Page
- Responds to all correspondence in a timely fashion.
- Particpates in Apollo activities and social events as much as possible.
- Utilizes the Apollo email alias president
- Other duties as agreed by the Board Of Directors.